Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin - Zentrum für Transdisziplinäre Geschlechterstudien


The ZtG supports international studies and research for

  • Incoming Students
  • Outgoing Students
  • Scholars


Incoming Students

The Center for Transdisciplinary Gender Studies welcomes international student applicants from Europe and abroad.

All relevant application information concerning offered exchange programs (ERASMUS, University Partnerships, DAAD) can be found on the webpage of the Office for International Affairs.

Please consult the Course Catalogue for all Gender Studies courses currently offered at the Center. The courses offered in English are compiled here.

Before the semester starts, the ZtG holds an introductory event. At the end of the semester, you are invited to attend a closing event.

To support all of our international students as they get acclimated to living and studying in Berlin, we have compiled some useful tips for international students.

If you have further questions, please contact our study cooordinator, Susanne Spintig.


Outgoing Students

The HU provides support for students wishing to take part in an international exchange through its cooperation with European and international Universities.

Gender Studies in European countries

Thanks to our ERASMUS contracts, students of gender studies can attend European universities over the course of their BA, MA, or PhD.

Karl-Franzens University, Graz: Women and Gender Research (BA, MA, PhD)

University of Vienna: Gender Research (BA, MA, PhD)

University of Basel: Centre for Gender Studies (BA, MA, PhD)

Central European University, Budapest: Gender Studies (PhD)

University of Helsinki: Christina Institute for Women's Studies (MA)

University of Oslo: Centre for Gender Research (BA, MA)

Lund University: Centre for Gender Studies (BA, MA)

University of Istanbul: Women's Research and Education Centre (MA)

University of Sussex: Centre for Gender Studies (MA)


Visiting Scholars from Abroad

The ZtG is pleased to welcome scholars from throughout Europe and abroad. Susanne Spintig will gladly assist scholars wishing to teach at the HU through ERASMUS contracts. A list of cooperating European universities that offer an ERASMUS program can be found here. Please contact the office of the ZtG if you are interested in researching at the HU.


Scholars Going Abroad

There are a variety of opportunities open to visiting professors and researchers at the HU (including guest lecturers and PhD students) for financial and organizational support. More information is available at the International Department.

If you are interested in undertaking a visiting teaching or research position through an ERASMUS contract, please contact our study coordinator, Susanne Spintig. A list of cooperating European universities that offer an ERASMUS program can be found here. The International Department will provide more information with regard to organization and compensation.