The Center for Transdisciplinary Gender Studies (ZtG):
- Coordinates research and teaching related to the field of gender studies across all departments at Humboldt University,
- Fosters a robust investigation of gender by bringing together methodologies and theories from a range of disciplines,
- Offers an independent master’s program, as well as a minor and a concentration for bachelor’s students,
- Serves as a liaison between academic, public, and private sectors in the addressing gender questions,
- Provides a meeting point for teachers, researchers, and students from across the globe,
- Cooperates with gender research centers in Germany, Europe, and the United States.
The Center brings together everything necessary for a scholarly investigation of gender relations: various academic disciplines, diverse agents of knowledge and knowledge production, and a multifaceted perspective on the examination of the gender category that draws upon all theoretical and practical fields.
- At the ZtG students, teachers, and researchers alike seek to deepen their understanding of gender by: thinking, learning, teaching, reading, writing, filming, talking, experiencing, experimenting, discussing, presenting. Researchers working with gender in over seventeen academic subjects come together at the ZtG. We promote a transdisciplinary setting that fosters a truly innovative approach to gender research.
- The ZtG offers students, scholars, and the public at large a place for intellectual exchange, inquiry, and critical reflection on gender. We support research and information inquiries through a structure that fosters interdisciplinary work.
- At our colloquia, round table discussions, and public events, we discuss how to implement our enriched understanding of gender within and beyond academia.
All of this is possible thanks to the unique transdisciplinary structure that has developed over the years at the ZtG.