The ZtG is a transdisciplinary, academic institution that is a part of Humboldt University’s Philosophical Faculty III. It is governed by its own board, and its bylaws regulate decision making within the Center.
In accordance with the transdiscipinary orientation of the Center, scholars and students from many disciplines conduct work at the ZtG. They typically remain anchored in their primary discipline, and belong to the ZtG through a secondary membership. This is also true for professors who possess a partial-denomination in gender studies and whose positions are partly financed by the ZtG.
Our offices provide the organizational support that makes research and study at the ZtG possible.
Members of the Center include:
- All members of the HU community with a secondary membership in the ZtG,
- All students in the gender studies master’s, bachelor’s concentration, bachelor’s minor, or the Magister programs,
- Associates of the Center.
The ZtG’s work is organized through:
- The chairpersons of the ZtG,
- A team of a director, secretary, academic coordinator, gender library, and multi-media service,
- The Center Board (Zentrumsrat),
- The General Commission of Gender Studies in the Faculties (die Gemeinsame Kommission Geschlechterstudien der Fakultäten),
- Various working groups,
- The gender studies program’s Student Council.